- Some Things of Interest 12/3/13: Ritz Crackers and a Danger in Your Refridgerator You Might Not Know About. News at Eleven.
- Let’s Just Super Size It To A Billiondy-Million
- Recipe: Simple Piperade (Pronounced Like Gatorade)
- SI Makes Us Wait For Sex, Drugs and College Football One-ups The Mob
- Let’s Talk About Parsley.
- @MarkSteynOnline Aren't most water reservoirs open air? How many gallons are lost to "bird strike" in Oregon? 20 hours ago
- @pattonoswalt Free speech is or isn't. There's no middle ground. Thanks for not backing down. 1 day ago
- @McMatt945 Did it say whose toenails? 6 days ago
- Poets Day
- Some Things of Interest
- Things That Polish Woman Made Me Do
- Welcome Absurdities
Monthly Archives: January 2012
As previously written, every month we will choose a cookbook. Over the course of that month we will make ten different recipes from that cookbook to a) get us to try new things and b) really it was just about … Continue reading
Qualms about getting your Japanese recipes from a Chinese cookbook? None here. I do have qualms about the profligrate use of hyphens in this book. Why “Japanese-style?” Whatever the reason, we are nearing the end of the month and, at … Continue reading
Ever wonder why olive oil on a salad is a sensible choice for a healthy diet but that same olive oil, if made hot and used to fry some potatoes is a contributor to American obesity, diabetes, and “Someone think … Continue reading
Tasting:Serra Barbera d’Alba 2009 Paitin Vineyard and the premier of “Another Thing That Polish Woman Made Me Do.”
Ever since a Polish friend of ours made traditional pierogis for us I have very much wanted to learn to make them. For those not familiar with pierogis, they are semi-circular dumplings, usually fried in butter and onions and then … Continue reading
We should be further along in our obligations on this month’s cookbook but some of the dishes have been so spectacularly good that we made them twice rather than moving on to another recipe as we should have. The hoisin … Continue reading
So my log in issue has seemingly repaired itself leaving me no answers, no channel to vent, no individual on which to pin blame, and no customer service representative to transfer me to their supervisor. “Just shrug it off man.” … Continue reading
I found this: No Reservations: Narnia. It wins the internet.
The United States is now the largest wine consuming nation in the world. It is not lost on me that when I began this site, on December 29th, 2011, we were not the largest wine consuming nation in the world. … Continue reading
Some jackass has hacked Dreamhost, leaving me temporarily unable to log on without resetting my password every time. I’m trying to navigate the fixes and will get back to regular postings asap. What a twit.
It’s finally your mother’s cooking show: Why Nadia G’s Bitchin Kitchen is the best cooking show on TV.
There was a time when MTV actually showed music videos. Then came the reality show pioneer The Real World and that was that. Voyeur television took over the channel (and eventually the world). MTV2 was launched to provide musical content … Continue reading